Love shrimp fettuccine Alfredo but watching your weight? Fettuccine Alfredo is a pasta dish made from fettuccine pasta tossed with Parmesan cheese. As the cheese melts, it thickens the liquids to form a smooth and rich coating on the pasta. Try this creamy, delicious and skinny version of everyone’s favourite!
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine shrimp, onions, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved cooking liquid, Parmigiano-Reggiano, half-and-half, cream cheese, and pepper to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt. Combine pasta, cheese mixture, and shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- You could add chicken and broccoli instead of shrimp.
- You may need to use more pasta water if you think it is too dry.
Serves 4 – Nutrition per Serving:
Calories: 442, Fat: 14.3g, Protein: 37.4g, Carbohydrate: 40g, Fibre: 2.1g