Here are two recipes for Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp. The video recipe also contains Basil and the lower calorie recipe is a simple pasta dish made with fresh garden tomatoes and asparagus in a light tomato broth. To keep it lighter, this recipe is loaded with vegetables and if you use a high fibre pasta it has the same great taste as regular pasta and your family won’t notice the difference. The portions are very generous!
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 12 oz large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 oz white wine
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence (or you can use your favourite herbs)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (gives it a little kick)
- 8 oz angel hair pasta, high fibre or low carb
- Heat a large pan on high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- When the pan is hot, spray with oil and add shrimp.
- Cook shrimp about 2 minutes in each side until almost cooked through and remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Reduce pan heat to medium, add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden, careful not to burn.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper – Simmer about 4 minutes.
- Add white wine and broth and stir. Add asparagus, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- While sauce is simmering, boil salted water and cook pasta until desired tenderness. Drain when done.
- After sauce simmers 10 minutes, add shrimp to sauce to finish cooking, about 1 minutes (Do not overcook or shrimp will get tough).
- Add pasta to the sauce and toss well.
- Divide equally in 4 bowls and top with a good grated cheese.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 378, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrate: 52g, Fibre: 9g, Protein: 32g