Two recipes today to make these cute cupcakes. The first recipe is a standard mixture but the second is a little more unusual as it is made with red velvet cake mix, fat free yogurt, egg whites and water. You can use any flavoured cake mix – chocolate, butter, devil’s food cake, etc. as long as your boxed cake mix is 18.25 oz.
~ Lower Calorie Red Velvet Cupcakes ~
- 18.25 oz Red Velvet Cake mix
- 6 oz fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2 large egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cupcake tins with liners.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat until combined. Pour into prepared liners.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.
Serves 24 – Serving Size: 1 cupcake – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 170, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fibre: 1g, Protein: 3g, Sugar: 22g