After a long day, you may not feel like cooking a lengthy meal. Unplanned snacks or takeaways may scupper your weight loss plans, so today we have two curry recipes for you to try that can be cooked almost as quickly as a ready meal.
~ Lower Calorie Quick Chicken Biryani ~
- 175g (6oz) long grain rice
- Low calorie cooking spray
- spring onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 150g (5oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 225g (8oz) cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 2 roughly chopped tomatoes
- chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the long grain rice in lightly salted boiling water for about 12 minutes, until tender.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and spray with calorie
controlled cooking spray.
- Add 1 bunch of chopped spring onions and 2 crushed garlic cloves.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until softened.
- Drain the cooked rice and add to the frying pan with the frozen mixed vegetables, cooked chicken, curry powder and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes.
- Season, then serve.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
Serves 4 and has 7 ProPoints.