This is a favourite potato salad where extra virgin olive oil and good balsamic vinegar really makes a difference in the taste. During the warmer weather you could make this at your next BBQ but this can be served all year as a fabulous side dish.
- 7 large new potatoes, peeled
- 1 lb string beans beans, ends trimmed
- 1 2.8 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- salt and fresh pepper
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted water.
- In another pot, cover string beans with water and boil until string beans are cooked.
- Run under cold water to prevent them from overcooking.
- When the potatoes are done, drain and slice in large chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine balsamic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes green beans, spring onions and olives.
- Mix well and serve room temperature.
Serves 12 – Serving Size: 1/12th – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 212, Fat: 5 g, Protein: 4 g, Carbohydrate: 39 g, Fibre: 5 g, Sugar: 1.5 g