These skewers are made with basil pesto with scallops (or chicken) and grape tomatoes. Serve this as an appetizer, or have them for dinner any night of the week with a salad or over pasta. If you don’t like scallops you could use prawns instead or go for the lower calorie chicken recipe below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Grilled Pesto Chicken and Tomato Kebabs ~
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/4 lbs skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine the raw chicken with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step).
- Beginning and ending with chicken, thread chicken and tomatoes onto 8 pairs of parallel skewers to make 8 kebabs total.
- Heat the outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the chicken on the hot grill and cook about 3-4 minutes;
turn and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serves 8 – Size: 1 kebab – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 147, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrate: 3g, Fibre: 1g, Protein: 18g