This is a really easy and tasty dish that you really won’t believe is low in fat. Grated parmesan, when used in moderation is fairly low calorie – there are 22 calories in 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheese. This easy chicken recipe is crispy on top, while fat-free mayonnaise makes it moist.
Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a re-sealable plastic bag, combine cheese, crumbs and all seasonings; shake well.
- Transfer mixture to plate; dip each chicken breast in cheese mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Arrange on non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
Tips: The coating will stick to the chicken better if you spread a little low-fat mayo or use a low calorie spray and spread on the chicken – it doesn’t add that many extra calories and it will crisp up better.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories 178, Fat 5g, Carbohydrate 3g, Fibre 0.3g, Sugar 0.3g, Protein 28g