Risotto is a creamy Italian rice dish usually made with Arborio rice. It can be a little time consuming but it’s worth it. In this video you can see the steps involved in cooking a mushroom risotto.
~ Lower Calorie Mushroom Risotto ~
- 2 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tsp butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 cups fat free chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- Heat chicken stock in a small pot and keep on low heat.
- In a medium size heavy sauce pan, saute garlic in 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and let the mushrooms cook about 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to the pan on set flame to medium-low heat.
- Add shallots, sauté about 1 minute.
- Add rice mixing well until well coated and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, salt and pepper and mix well until it is absorbed into the rice.
- Ladle 1 cup stock into rice and mix until all stock is absorbed, add another ladle, and continue adding and stirring until all broth is absorbed, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, parmesan cheese and parsley, mix well and serve.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 1 cup – Calories: 278