This is a rustic French custard-like dessert eaten warm. It is made with eggs, milk, fruit, and dusted with powdered sugar. You can make this with fresh berries, plums or even peaches. Because this recipe is more of a custard, you have to use whole eggs, however to lighten it up you can use low fat milk. For easy portion control you could bake this in ramekins, but remember that the baking time would be less.
- 2 1/2 cups of mixed fresh berries
- 3 eggs
- 10 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with baking spray and dust with a little flour.
- Toss in the berries.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, salt, and flour together until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. The clafoutis will have puffed up a bit and will deflate while cooling.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/8th – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 168, Fat: 2g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 24g