This fritatta recipe fuses a range of flavours and is a great alternative to your average omelette. You can have this as a breakfast dish or as an evening meal with a salad. This recipe is simple to make and perfect for a mid-week meal.
- Bundle of fine asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 150g/5oz goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180°C (160°C in a fan oven) or preheat grill to high.
- Add asparagus to a pan of boiling, salted water and cook for 3-4 mins until just tender.
- Drain and refresh in cold water, then drain again and put to one side.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add spring onions and cook on a low heat for about 5 mins until beginning to soften.
- Season and stir half of goat’s cheese into beaten egg and pour it into pan.
- Turn heat to low and tilt pan so mixture covers base.
- Scatter over remaining cheese.
- Carefully lay asparagus into mixture and cook for about 5-6 mins until just beginning to set,then sit pan in oven or under grill and cook for a further few mins until it starts to turn pale golden.
- Remove and slice to serve.
- Serve with a tomato salad.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 277, Fat: 21g, Carbohydrate: 3g