Puréed cauliflower with onion and spices imparts a creamy texture and eliminates the use of high calorie ingredients such as cream and cashew nuts. Methi has plenty of iron and vitamin A while fresh green peas provide fibre which adds bulk and satiates your appetite. This recipe is a perfect accompaniment for garlic naan bread.
- 1 cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- ¼ cup low-fat curds
- ¼ cup low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
- ½ tsp besan
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
For the cauliflower-onion paste
- 1¼ cups sliced onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1 cup low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
- Allow to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk, curds and besan, whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared cauliflower-onion paste, curds-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of water, mix well and boil on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the green peas, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes. Cooking Time: 18 minutes. Serves 4.