A beautiful low fat dessert that takes minutes to make yet looks like the work of a professional. Knowing what’s in it makes it more enjoyable too – you can eat it without feeling guilty as it is a low fat version. This is one of those desserts that you can experiment with, using different flavoured yoghurt with different fruits you can even go as far as using a low fat ice-cream mashed down for a more indulgent experience, the possibilities are endless. Use this as a base to build your own creations.
- 6 meringue nest
- 6 x 120g pots of low fat Greek style yoghurt
- 100g chopped fresh strawberries
- 100g fresh raspberries
- Gently crush meringues and place in a large mixing bowl, add yoghurt and mix together
- Add fruit and mix until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin with clear cling wrap and pour mixture in, level cover and place in freezer overnight or until frozen.
- Remove from tin, slice and serve with fresh berries. Enjoy!!
Serves 6 – Nutritional values – 3 syns per serving.