These tuna cakes make a great snack – they even taste good cold straight out of the fridge. But for a main meal you can eat these tuna patties with a side salad, or you can turn it into a burger with layers of tomato, lettuce and a slice of cheese. This is really easy to make, all you need to do is chop a few ingredients, mix everything in one bowl, shape into patties and shallow fry for a few minutes and you’ll have a tasty and satisfying meal.
- 2 160g (6oz) cans Tuna
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- 2 medium eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Drain the two cans of tuna then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and parsley, then add to the bowl.
- Mix in the mustard, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, Tabasco and bread crumbs.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl then pour into the tuna mixture.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Shape into 10 small round patties.
- Heat the cooking spray in a frying pan on high/medium.
- Shallow fry the patties for a few minutes on each side, transfer to a plate and serve.
Serves 10 – Serving Size 1 tuna cake – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 103, Protein: 11g, Carbohydrate: 5g, Fat: 4g