Favourite meals tend to be what we like to call comfort food. The problem with comfort food is that its so high in fat and calories. Here is a way to take one of your favourite meals and make it healthier and tastier!
Crockpot Lower Calorie Chicken Chili
- Table spoon of light olive oil
- Bell peppers (red and green)
- Mushrooms (1 can of whole cut in half)
- Medium Onion
- Minced Chicken (1 lb)
- 2 tables spoons of Tomato paste
- Can of chili style beans
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Cup of chicken stock
- Minced Garlic
- Chili spice
- Chicken Stock
- Put your pan on medium high heat. Add in the olive oil and then the veggies.
- Cook for about 4 mins and then add the chicken.
- Mix it all together, cook for another 5 mins and add the chili spice.
- Add the chicken stock and then add the beans and tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins – then add in the tomato paste.
- Cook all together for about 10 mins and add it to your crock pot or cover and put on low heat and let it cook for a few hours.
- Go back and check at intervals to make sure it doesn’t stick.
You can top it off how ever you like – Try some green onion. If you are going to use sour cream, use the fat free one.
Serving Size – one and a half cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories 274, Carbohydrate 31g, Protein 32g, Fibre 7g, Fat 3g.