This healthy baked Chicken Parmesan is ready to eat in 30 minutes! This easy, oven baked chicken recipe with Panko Parmesan crust is kid friendly and tastes better than the restaurant version!
- 16 oz spiral pasta
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup beaten egg
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water.
- Place tomato sauce and paste and spices in saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts in half (to make 8 pieces) and flatten each to 1/4″ thickness.
- Dip each breast in egg beaters and then dip in bread crumbs before placing on large cookie sheet thoroughly coated with spray.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8- 10 minutes.
- Place pasta on individual plates, top with chicken and then drizzle with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle a bit of mozzarella and parmesan on top of each and serve.
Serves 8 – Nutrition Per Serving:
394 calories, Fat 2g, Carbohydrate 55g, Protein 29g, Fibre 4g