This healthy crumble is packed with nutritious ingredients. Apples and cranberries are topped with oats, nuts and a little brown sugar, then baked in the oven and served warm. If you don’t like cranberries you could try raspberries or blackberries instead!
- 3 cups (about 4) peeled gala apples, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp flour or corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup dry quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp whipped butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine apples, cranberries along with the rest of the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and even out with a spoon.
- In another bowl, combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over apple/cranberry mixture.
- Bake uncovered, for 55-60 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Serves: 8 – Serving Size 1/8 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 212, Fat: 5 g, Carbohydrate: 45 g, Fibre: 3 g, Protein: 2 g, Sugar: 35 g