It is easy to make a perfect light salad with these two recipes. The first recipe is Lobster Salad With Sweet Basil Vinaigrette and the second is Lobster Salad with Sweetcorn and Tomatoes. You can serve this for two as a main dish salad or for four as a first course.
~ Lobster Salad with Sweetcorn and Tomatoes ~
- 2 medium ears of corn
- 12 oz cooked, chilled lobster meat
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 4 tsp olive oil
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- Cook corn in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Cut kernels of the husk and place in a large bowl.
- Chop chilled lobster meat from tails and claws into large bite sized chunks; add to the bowl.
- Add tomatoes, chives, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste; toss to combine.
- Place lettuce leaves on two plates.
- Top each plate with lobster salad.
Tip – If you don’t have access to lobster, you could use lump crab meat, cooked shrimp or even imitation crab instead.
Serves 2 as main course – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 349, Fat: 10g, Protein: 39g, Carbohydrate: 26g, Fibre: 4g, Sugar: 4g