Today we have two lovely veggie pasta recipes. The leek and mushroom pasta bake is pure comfort food and we also have a veggie pasta bake where you can use any combination of veggies that you fancy!
- 750 (1¼ pints) semi-skimmed milk
- A slice of onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 black peppercorns
- 15 grams (½oz) dried wild mushrooms
- 50 grams butter
- 2 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 250 grams button mushrooms, halved
- 40 grams (1½oz) plain flour
- 300 grams dried farfalle pasta
- 10 mls wholegrain mustard
- 15 mls fresh oregano leaves
- 125 grams mozzarella ball, torn into pieces
- 15 grams (½oz) parmesan, grated
- Put the milk, onion, bay leaf and peppercorns in a pan and bring to just under the boil.
- Set aside for 20min to infuse.
- Put the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to rehydrate for 20min, then strain and finely chop the mushrooms.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a hob-proof casserole over a low heat.
- Cook leeks for 20min until softened.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn up heat to medium, add fresh mushrooms and fry for 5min until golden.
- Strain the milk, discarding the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Return leeks to the mushroom pan with any juices.
- Sprinkle over flour.
- Cook for 2min, then, off the hob, gradually add the milk, stirring constantly, to make a sauce.
- Return to heat, stir until thickened, then simmer for 2min.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce with the soaked, chopped mushrooms, mustard and oregano.
- Check seasoning. Dot with the mozzarella and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Grill for 4-5min until bubbling, then serve.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories 396, Fat 16g, Carbohydrate 50g, Sugar 9g