Use your overripe bananas to make this delicious treat. The problem with banana fritters is that they are usually deep fried and loaded with fat! However the lower calorie recipe makes a low fat fritter by mashing ripe bananas and making a batter, then pan frying them with a little butter flavoured spray.
~ Lower Calorie Banana Fritters ~
Almost like a pancake with less flour. A little tricky to cook at first, but using lower heat works great. Serve them with a small scoop (half cup) of Ice Cream, delicious!
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- butter flavoured low calorie spray
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Mash the bananas.
- Add sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla.
- In a large skillet, heat on low flame.
- When hot, spray with low calorie spray and using a tablespoon, pour 1 tablespoon of batter for each fritter.
- When cooked on one side (1-2 minutes) flip over and cook the other side.
- Set aside in a dish and keep warm in the oven as you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- When ready to serve, put 4 on a plate and top with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve with low fat ice cream.
- Makes 24-26 fritters.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 4 pancakes 1 tbsp each
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 125, Fat: 3g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fibre: 2g