This recipe is so good and it’s so easy, but it’s the combination of flavours that make it really special. If you don’t like tuna you could use tinned salmon or shredded chicken and it will taste just as good!
- 1 Medium Aubergine, sliced lengthwise
- 1 Head of Lettuce
- 3 Cups of Arugula
- 2 to 3 cups of Cooked Green Beans
- 2 5 oz cans of Italian Tuna Packed in Olive Oil
- 3 Plum Tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup of Corn Kernels, canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup of Italian Green Olives, pitted
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill pan over medium high heat, brush both sides of each slice of aubergine with olive oil and grill them for a few minutes on both sides until they develop grill marks.
- Season with some salt and set them aside to cool.
- Arrange your lettuce and arugula on a plate, top with the aubergine then top with the green beans, tuna, corn, tomatoes and olives.
- Season with some salt and pepper, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil and a little squeeze of lemon.