Asian honey glazed salmon is an easy dish you can make any night of the week. Simply fill a resealable bag with the marinade ingredients, then add the salmon until you’re ready to cook. Adding salmon to your plate is one of the healthiest decisions you can make. Studies link its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients with a lower risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and more.
Honey Teriyaki Salmon
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 3 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 3 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb fresh wild salmon fillet, cut in 4 pieces
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake, and honey in a resealable bag.
- Add the salmon and mix to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Remove salmon, reserving the marinade.
- Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, swirl in the oil. Sear salmon, 2 minutes per side.
- Turn heat to low and pour in the reserved marinade.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 3 oz cooked salmon – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 266, Fat: 9g, Protein: 22g, Carbohydrate: 19g, Sugar: 13g