Adding herbs to vegetables is a good way to replace some of those yummy cheese and dairy-rich cream sauces. Since the veggies in this dish are baked, they retain most of their nutrients.
In this video the boring bits, like grating carrots or chopping broccoli, have been speeded up so you can enjoy the interesting bits and best of all you get to see it to come out of the oven.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- Place the vegetables in a 9″ square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with the garlic salt, Italian seasoning, basil and water.
- Dot with margarine.
- Cover and bake at 450° for 20 – 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Serves 6 – Serving Size 1/6 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 55, Fat: 2 g, Carbohydrate: 8 g, Fibre 3 g, Protein: 2 g