This is a quick and easy way to cook shrimp. First, the shrimp is marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic. Then, it’s skewered and grilled for just a few minutes on each side. You can try this method with scallops or even chicken tenders. Serve the grilled shrimp over cooked rice or angel hair pasta.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper.
- Season with crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Add shrimp, and toss to coat.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil the grill.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.
Serves 6 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 173, Fat: 10 g, Carbohydrate: 2 g, Protein: 18 g