Grilled shrimp, home made guacamole, fat free refried beans and lettuce on top of a crispy tostada. This is super easy and quick to make. Seasoning the shrimp with salsa verde and crushed garlic is the secret to fabulous tasting shrimp. These are super filling, one is all you need and only 262 calories! If you want to be even healthier you can make these into lettuce wraps which are really delicious!
- 1 medium avocado, halved
- 1/2 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 small clove garlic, mashed
- 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- 16 jumbo shrimp (3/4 lb), shelled and deveined
- 1 garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp prepared salsa verde
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned fat free refried beans
- Place the pulp from the avocado in a medium bowl and slightly mash with a fork or a potato masher leaving some large chunks.
- Add tomato, lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, red onion, garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Season shrimp with salt, then mix in crushed garlic 2 tbsp salsa verde.
- Thread the shrimp onto 4 skewers.
- Turn the grill to a medium heat and grill the shrimp about 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Place a tostada on each plate, top each with 1/4 cup refried beans spread evenly, 1/4 cup lettuce and guacamole.
- Top each with a shrimp skewer on top and serve with extra salsa verde and cheese if using.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1 tostada – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 262, Fat: 11g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fibre: 6g, Protein: 22g, Sugar: 1g