These zesty meatballs are colourful, flavourful and delicious – what more could you ask for? The video recipe shows you how to make Asian chicken meatballs and our lower calorie recipe uses a food processor to mince the chicken and cuts out the need to use egg and breadcrumbs as binding agents.
- 4 x 125 g skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2.5cm (1in) fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
For the sauce
- 15 mls soy sauce
- 15 mls runny honey
- 5 mls toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- 5 mls lemon juice
- Put the chopped chicken into a food processor and whiz until it resembles mince.
- Add the spring onions, garlic, thyme, ginger and some seasoning and whiz again briefly to combine.
- Preheat grill to medium and set the rack about 10cm (4in) away from the heat source.
- Form chicken mixture into golf ball-size meatballs, this should make about 16, and arrange on a non-stick baking tray.
- Grill meatballs for 10 – 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the pouring sauce ingredients with 1tbsp water.
- Serve the chicken balls with the pouring sauce and some cooked wild rice.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 4 meatballs – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 167, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrate: 4g, Sugar: 3g