This creamy garlic and lemon pasta dish is simple and easy to make. Made with a combination of garlic, lemon, cheese, and oregano, it’s simply delightful. The entire dish can be made in about 25 minutes so it makes a great choice for a midweek dinner.
Lower Calorie Recipe
- 2 large courgettes, trimmed
- 175 grams dried pasta
- 250 grams frozen peas
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 5 mls fresh oregano leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 150 vegetable stock
- 100 (3½fl oz) half-fat crème fraîche
- 15 mls wholegrain mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Peel the courgettes into ribbons using a vegetable peeler and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to packet instructions.
- Add the courgette ribbons and peas 1min before the pasta is due to be ready.
- Drain and return mixture to the pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a separate frying pan and cook the tomatoes for 3min until they start to collapse.
- Add the oregano, stock, crème fraîche, mustard, lemon zest and lots of seasoning.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour sauce into the pasta pan and mix.
- Check the seasoning and divide pasta among four warmed bowls.
- Garnish with extra oregano and parmesan, if you like.
Tip: Use 1tsp dried oregano if you can’t find fresh.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 285, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrate: 44g, Sugar: 6g