This is a low fat, low sugar recipe made using a pre-made tart shell that you can pick up from the supermarket and finish with something wonderful!
- One Pre-Cooked Pastry shell
- 2 Pears or Canned Pears if you can’t get fresh ones
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of Almond Meal
- 2 Tablespoons of low calorie sweetener or Caster Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of low fat Thickened Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of Apricot Jam/Conserves
- Peel the pears and cut them into segments.
- Arrange the segments in the pastry shell so that they
cover the base.
- In a bowl mix together the almond meal, 2 eggs and sweetener (or castor sugar) and the thickened cream.
- Make sure that the mixture is really well combined.
- Pour the mixture slowly over the pears in the pastry shell.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180C for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check at five minute intervals until it is golden in colour.
- Glaze the tart with apricot jam using a pastry brush.
- Serve with lower calorie ice cream.
You could also add summer berries to this.