Here are two frittata recipes for you to try. The first is an asparagus and mushroom frittata that looks and tastes delicious! The second is a Slimming World double onion and thyme frittata where the aromatic thyme and gooey cheese make this frittata extra special.
~ Double Onion And Thyme Frittata ~
- 3 onions
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 120g Cheddar cheese
- A small handful of fresh thyme leaves or 2 tsp dried
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp artificial sweetener
- 250g quark
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
Finely chop the spring onions. Grate the cheese. Chop the thyme.
- Spray a 9in/23cm ovenproof frying pan with low calorie cooking spray.
- Scatter the onions in the base of the pan, along with the cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sweetener.
- Stir to mix evenly and then place in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from the oven.
- In a bowl, whisk together the quark and eggs. Add the thyme, season to taste and stir in the spring onions.
- Pour this mixture into the pan and mix well.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just set and the top is golden.
Syns per serving: Green: FREE, Original: FREE, Extra Easy: FREE – Add 6 Syns if not using Cheddar as a Healthy Extra on Original, Green and Extra Easy.