This could be one of the best cookies you have ever baked! The cookies puff up and stay puffy. The secret to these rich chocolate cookies is not to over bake them. For a gooey, creamy cookie centre, pull them out of the oven when they are still a bit glossy.
- 6.75 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar, butter, and oil in a bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well combined (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until combined.
- Add chocolate; beat at low speed just until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drop dough by 1 1/2 tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool on pan 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan and cool on wire racks.
Serves 26 – Serving Size 1 Cookie – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 99, Fat: 5g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 14g, Fibre: 1g