Spinach and fish doesn’t have to be high in fat or carbohydrates and this recipe takes under 30 minutes to make. The creamy spinach is what makes the whole dish, made with a little cream cheese, half & half cream and Parmesan cheese. It is delicious and the perfect pairing for simple white fish.
- 4 skinless white fish fillets (such as cod, bass or halibut)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup half & half cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh black pepper
- In a large frying pan over medium heat add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter, red bell pepper and garlic and
cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach season with a pinch of salt and pepper mix until the spinach wilts down.
- Add cream cheese, half & half and parmesan cheese mix well until cream cheese is melted.
- Heat a separate pan on medium high heat, add remaining oil and butter.
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper and place in the hot pan.
- Cook 6 minutes on first side and flip fish over and cook other side an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through and browned.
- Divide the spinach mixture on the bottom of each plate and top with piece of fish.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 fish fillet with 1/2 cup spinach – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 351, Carbohydrate 6g, Protein 43g, Fat 16g, Fibre 2g, Sugar 2g