This soup is so simple to make yet tastes delicious. The flavours of the leeks and the potatoes compliment each other so well and this soup is ready in under 30 minutes. The video shows you how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way.
- 1 bunch leeks (about 4) dark green stems removed
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cups fat free chicken stock (or vegetable broth for vegetarians)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- salt and fresh pepper
- Wash leeks very carefully to remove all grit.
- Coarsely chop them when washed.
- In a medium pan, melt butter and add flour on low flame and using a wooden spoon, mix well. This will thicken your soup and give it a wonderful flavour.
- Add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Using an food blender, blend the soup until smooth adding the milk and adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- If you like your soup a bit chunky you can use a potato masher instead of a blender to give you bigger chunks.
- To make this gluten-free, simply eliminate the flour
Serves 6 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 110, Fat: 0.7g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 3g