Everybody knows that vegetables are a healthy food to help you to lose weight. But even with veggies you have to choose the right ones. Improve your long-term weight loss, health, and lifestyle with these foods to loose weight. No need to eat raw veggies, just steam, grill, or bake fat free.
So how many calories are there in 100 g raw (3.53 oz) of different veggies?
- Cucumber – 15 calories. About 90 percent of the cucumber is water, that is why they have only a few calories per serving. On the other hand cucumbers offer only modest nutritional benefits.
- Zucchini – 16 calories. Zucchini is a 5 star choice for weight loss, because of its low calorie level relative to the mass of food.
- Tomatoes – 18 calories. Tomatoes are at the center of low-calorie living, rich in vitamins C, A, and K, giving you a lot of needed nutrients with minimal calories.
- Green sweet peppers – 20 calories. Green sweet peppers are great for weight-loss, since all varieties contain capsaicin, a natural metabolism booster.
- Asparagus – 20 calories. Asparagus will spice up any weight loss diet with vitamins, minerals and fibre, providing nutrition while combating hunger.
- Spinach – 23 calories. With Spinach you provide substance and bulk to your favourite foods while reducing their calorie count.
Spinach even may reduce the incidence of cardiovascular disease, cancer and cataracts.
- Eggplant – 24 calories. Eggplant, low in calories, provides many health benefits because it contains vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants.
- Cabbage – 25 calories. Cabbage offers essential nutrients, vitamins and fibre, and is fat- and cholesterol-free.
- Carrots – 29 calories. Carrots are perfect for fat-free nutrient-rich snacking.
- Mung Beans Sprouts – 30 calories. Mung Beans Sprouts increases the sensation of fullness and are rich in nutrients.