Don’t be fooled by the humble ingredients, this is easy to make and very refreshing. This dessert is highly addictive and hard to stop eating! At first the ingredients may not appeal to you, but when you taste it this will be one of those recipes you’ll be making again and again and chances are you probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
Lower Calorie Creamy Grape Dessert
- 1 lb green seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 1 lb red seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 8 oz fat free Greek yoghurt
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup agave (or sugar or Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Cut grapes in half and set aside.
- Mix yoghurt, cream cheese, agave and vanilla until blended well.
- Stir grapes into mixture, and pour in large serving dish.
- Combine brown sugar and crushed walnuts.
- Sprinkle over top of grapes to cover completely.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- You can cut grapes easily by placing them in a large dinner plate. Put another plate down on top of the grapes (bottom of plate resting on the grapes. Press down on the plate with one hand while running a sharp knife through the middle of the two plates (where the grapes lay pressed) and all the grapes have just been cut in half!
- You could use any fat free Greek yoghurt or you could also use low fat sour cream if you prefer.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/8th – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 171, Fat: 8g, Protein: 5g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fibre: 2g