If you don’t have time for body toning workouts, you’re perpetually busy and you don’t have sufficient time to go to the gym here are some easy body toning workouts that you can do at home.
It’s exactly what it sounds like – You mimic the movements that a cat makes when they are stretching their back. This is one of the simplest, easiest body toning workouts.
- First get on the floor with your hands and knees, muscles relaxed and look straight ahead.
- Next, you need to tighten your abdominal muscles and thrust your back up as far as you can.
- Maintain that position for at least five seconds before lowering your back.
This exercise targets the upper abs. It’s one of the most basic, yet super effective, body toning workouts.
- To do crunches properly, you need to lie on a flat surface with your hands on your chest or behind your head.
- Contract, or tighten your abdominal muscles, hold it for at least 2 seconds, then go back to your original position.
- For crunches to be effect, you have to do them in a continuous and controlled manner. You must concentrate on your abs to pull up your upper body.
- Try not to use the neck or shoulders to push yourself up. Doing this will cause damaging tension and stress to your neck.
- To do this, start by lying flat on the floor.
- Place your hand beside your head then raise knees up to 45 degrees angle and then start doing a pedalling motion as you would do when you are riding a bicycle.
Lying Leg Lifts
Lying leg lifts target the lower abs. In this exercise, you are in the same position as with the crunches.
- Begin by lying flat on your back and lift your legs anywhere from six to twelve inches off the ground. This exercise, one of the popular body toning workouts, tones the muscles in the lower part of the abdomen.
- When performing leg lifts, place your hand under your buttock. It adds leverage and helps you get your feet elevated.
- If you want to add more weight into this type of body toning workout, attach padded weights onto your ankles. You can buy these types of weights at a local sports store.
Standing Side Bends
Standing side bends encourage fat-loss in the oblique muscles.
- To begin, stand up straight with the stomach sucked in, legs straight and hands on the sides.
- Simply lean the body from left to right being careful not to rotate the hips and while keeping body facing forward.
- There are a variety of side bends, this is the torso twist. Instead of bending side to side, twist or rotate the upper body from left to right while keeping the legs straight.