If you fancy a different type of seafood dish then crab salad is a lot easier to make than you might think.
Lower Calorie Creamy Crab Salad
This recipe for creamy crab salad is only 239 calories per serving, it is quick, delicious and good for the waistline!
- 2/3 cup crabmeat (1 small can)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup raw chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raw chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
2 Servings – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 239: Carbs 7 grams: Protein 21 grams
- Drain can of crabmeat
- Chop celery, sweet onion, green onion, bell pepper
- Spray nonstick coating on small skillet, cook chopped sweet onion over high heat for about 1 minute, until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayo and cream cheese.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper (can also add dash of cayenne or red pepper if desired)
- Add browned onion, chopped celery, sliced green onions, chopped bell pepper, stirring until mixed well.
- Gently stir in 1 can of rinsed and drained crabmeat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hr to allow flavours to combine.