It doesn’t get more classic than roast chicken and this recipe takes that dinner in a whole new direction by using a tasty Thai-inspired marinade and serving it with a flavourful combination of ingredients.
~ Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette ~
- 6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
- 6 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar (balsamic would work too)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl.
- Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.
- Lightly season chicken with salt.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture.
- Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup.
- Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate.
- Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate.
- When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens.
- Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over 1 tbsp each.
The chicken will need at least four hours to marinate, so be sure to get a head start. You’ll combine the zest and juice from two limes with ginger, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and coconut milk to make the marinade. Then, while the chicken is roasting, prepare your accompaniments, like cooked jasmine rice, shredded carrot, chopped peanuts, cilantro leaves, sliced shallots, and lime wedges.
Servings: 3 – Serving Size: salad with 2 chicken tenders – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 398, Fat: 11g, Protein: 27g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fibre: 5g