Cilantro and lime make this simple shrimp dish outstanding. This takes less than 10 minutes to make, and tastes great with rice, veggies, tortillas or a big salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season the shrimp with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute.
- Return the first batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over all the shrimp.
- Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.
Serves 6 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 119, Fat: 3g, Protein: 19g, Carbohydrate: 2g