Comfort food can be high in fat and calories, but this is a heart healthy Chili Mac Skillet using just 1 pan is only 282 calories per serving! This is a perfect meal for the family that’s always on the go.
Lower Calorie Chili Mac Skillet
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn (slightly thawed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 1 Teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
- Cook turkey and onion in large skillet.
- Drain grease.
- Stir in next 10 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in black beans and heat for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Serves 5 – Nutrition per serving
Calories 282, Fat 3g, Carbohydrate 26g, Fibre 5g, Protein 27g