A stir-fry is a simple, healthy meal that you can throw together in just a few minutes. But if you’re not paying attention, you can end up with a sloppy mess. This video shows you one way to make a great weeknight dinner.
Lower Calorie Chicken Breast Stir-Fry
Stir-Fry doesn’t have to be greasy and this healthy recipe from Slimming World proves it.
- 3 large skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into thin strips
- 4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 250g long–grain white rice
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 100g mangetout
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, very thinly sliced
- 3 level tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 100ml chicken stock
- Place the chicken fillets in a ceramic bowl and pour over
the dark soy sauce. Toss well to coat.
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain well and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray a wok or large frying pan with low–calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the chicken strips and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes or until they turn white.
- Add the carrots, pepper strips, mangetout and mushrooms and stir–fry for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and stock to the pan and stir–fry for 4–5 minutes or until piping hot and bubbling.
- Divide the rice between four bowls, then spoon over the chicken mixture.