A great way to help you lose weight is to slowly start adding healthier alternatives each day. This is a tasty and filling recipe that is also slimming friendly!
- 1 pound uncooked broccoli florets
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 oz sliced portabello mushrooms (Or any mushrooms of your choice)
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 12oz low fat cream cheese
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil (You could use fry light instead)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until done.
- Add seasoning.
- Put the the broccoli into a large ovenproof dish and put the chicken on the top.
- Using the olive oil that is still in the frying pan, add the onion garlic and tarragon to the pan and saute until tender.
- Add the wine and simmer for 5 minutes then add the mushrooms.
- Leave this to simmer until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Combine the cheese and chicken broth in a saucepan, stirring until smooth and heated through.
- Add the cheese and chicken broth sauce to the onion and mushroom mixture and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and broccoli.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until mixture bubbles at the edges and cheese begins to brown.
Tips: You could add a sprinkling of cheese over the top before putting it in the oven – don’t forget this will add a few more calories!
Serves 6 – Serving Size 1/6 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 276, Fat: 8g, Protein: 31g, Carbohydrate: 19g, Fibre: 2g