Here are two recipes for creamy avocado with chicken for a sweet and savoury salad to delight your taste buds. This meal is ready in minutes, it’s a very healthy and versatile meal that could become a family favourite! The chicken can either be bought or you could use leftover chicken from a previous dinner. The lower calorie recipe also includes Mango and is below the video.
Lower Calorie Grilled Chicken Avocado & Mango Salad
- 12 oz grilled chicken breast, sliced (from 1 lb raw)
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup diced mango (from 1 1/2 mangos)
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 6 cups baby red butter lettuce
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Whisk vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Toss avocado, mango, chicken and red onion together.
- Fill a large salad plate with baby greens or divide on 4 small dishes; top with chicken/avocado mixture and drizzle half the dressing on top.
- Serve with remaining dressing if desired.
Here are some extra tips & variations
- Serve the salad over a bed of greens
- Add jalapenos!
- Use fresh pico de gallo instead of the salsa/tomatoes
- Mix the cheese into the salad right before serving
- Serve over beans in a bowl & top with cheese
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 258, Fat: 14g, Protein: 21g, Carbohydrate: 12g, Fibre: 4g, Sugar: 6g