This recipe is satisfying, guilt-free and under 400 calories. With creamy, cheese-filled layers of lasagne this is a healthy recipe and perfect for dinner.
This light lasagna recipe only has 272 calories and 5.6 grams of fat per serving.
- 12 uncooked large lasagna noodles
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 (16 oz.) carton 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated Romano cheese, divided
- ½ cup fat-free cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto or ham (4 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1 (26 oz.) jar fat-free tomato basil pasta sauce
- Mince the garlic and put it in a bowl,
- Add one 16 ounce carton of 1% low-fat cottage cheese.
- Add a 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese. A half cup is 4 ounces.
- To this mixture add 2 tablespoons of grated Romano cheese, 2.5 teaspoons of basil, half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes and 1 large egg.
- Mix this together well.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Set aside the cheese mixture and chop up the prosciutto.
- Cook the lasagna according to the packet instructions.
- Then using a 9×13 inch dish, put a 1/2 cup of tomato basil pasta sauce, fat-free, and spread it around.
Then add three lasagna noodles and top that with 1 cup of the cheese mixture and 1/3 cup of prosciutto and then a 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce again. Repeat these layers 2 more times so you use a total of 12 noodles.
- Top with the remaining pasta sauce, 1/4 cup of Romano cheese minus the 2 tablespoons we put in the cheese mixture and then 1 cup of shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Take the foil off and bake it for an additional 15 minutes.
Serves 9 – Serving Size is one 3″ x 4″ serving – Nutrition Per Serving
272 calories, 6 grams of fat