Get the taste of a burger without all the calories! This is a low carb dinner option that you can make more healthy by reducing the amount of cheese and it still tastes just as good! The video recipe includes a crust but the lower calorie recipe is a pie with no crust and is simple and tasty. Serve it with a salad on the side to give you a lower calorie, low-carb, high-protein, diet eating option.
Low Calorie Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ox shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray non-stick coating on rectangular baking pan.
- Cook bacon, remove from pan and place on paper towel to drail oil….or use leftover bacon… Crumble or Tear into small pieces.
- Spray coat skillet with non-stick coating.
- Crumble beef into skillet.
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper, brown and cook meat.
- Beat egg.
- Mix egg and cheddar cheese with cooked meat.
- Put mixture into baking pan, and smooth down to flatten.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in oven for approx 25-30 minutes.
- Edges should be brown, and cheese topping should be melted and lightly browned in places.
Serves 8 – Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories 213, Carbs 1g, Protein 31g