This dish is fairly simple to make and the whole family will love it. If you have two pieces with the remaining broccoli or another vegetable on the side you will have a perfect meal.
~ Lower Calorie Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken ~
- 3 (24 oz total) large chicken breast halves
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups broccoli floret, cooked, chopped small
- 5 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine egg, water and a little salt. Beat with a fork to make an egg wash. Set aside.
- Fill a second bowl with breadcrumbs.
- Slice chicken breast halves into thin cutlets. You should get 3 thin cutlets out of one breast half.
- Pound them to make them thinner if you wish. This helps when you wrap the cutlets.
- Dip chicken into egg wash, then breadcrumbs.
- Spray cookie sheet with oil and place chicken on cookie sheet.
- Lightly spray chicken with oil and bake about 25 minutes, until cooked.
Makes 9 pieces – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 142, Fat: 4.9, Carbohydrates: 4.8, Protein: 19.4