So simple to make and yet so delicious. Baby carrots, a hint of fresh ginger and a touch of sour cream are blended to create this simple yet tasty soup. Perfect for lunch or dinner. There’s nothing better than a bowl of this creamy, comforting soup.
Lower Calorie Carrot Ginger Soup
This is freezer-friendly, gluten-free, vegetarian, and if you use baby carrots, they are sweeter and already peeled.
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 cups low sodium fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, for garnish
- In a large pan melt butter over medium heat; add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add broth, carrots, and ginger.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream, using an immersion blender, carefully blend until smooth.
- Bring soup back to a boil, adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
- Ladle into 4 bowls and garnish with a little more sour cream
(if desired) and fresh chives.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 110, Fat: 3g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrate: 18g, Fibre: 4g, Sugar: 7g