With a few simple ingredients, you can make this quick and easy to prepare meal. Black beans have a deep rich salty flavour which adds extra taste to many boring stir-fry dishes. You can cook this in less than half an hour and it tastes delicious! If you prefer to have turkey rather than beef, the video shows you a simple and delicious recipe for Turkey and Black Bean Tacos
Lower Calorie Beef & Black Bean Wraps
- 8 ounces beef, lean ground
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 can beans, black, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black
- 6 tortillas, flour, whole-wheat
- 1 1/2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheese, cheddar, shredded
- In a large frying pan cook ground beef, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
- Stir in cumin, chili powder, and coriander.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in black beans, tomato, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook, covered, for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon beef mixture down the centre of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with lettuce and cheese.
- Roll up.
Serves 6 – Serving Size 1/6 – Nutritional Per serving
Calories: 267, Fibre: 14g, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrate: 27g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 19g