This baked fish recipe is an easy low calorie, low sodium recipe that serves 4 to 5 people. Using fresh fish is better but using frozen fish means you can make this recipe any time without having to thaw the fish and gives potatoes time to cook through without overcooking the fish.
- 1 lb (425 g) frozen cod or other white fish
- 2 large (600 g) russet potatoes, washed, peeled and sliced about 1/8-inch thick
- 1 medium (200 g) onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry white wine or water
- 1 medium (120 g) tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 clove (5 g) garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.5 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (3 0ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a 3 quart baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add one half of the onion and tomato.
- Add fish, and half of the garlic and parsley. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Cover fish with remaining potato slices, garlic and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add wine.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Remove cover 15 minutes before the end of cooling time to brown the onion and potatoes.
- Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 4/5 people – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 327, Fat: 13g, Carbohydrate: 27g, Fibre: 3g, Protein: 24g