Baked chicken nuggets are simply, delicious, and healthy. These tasty little treats are made using 5 simple ingredients: bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. They are then coated with some baking spray and placed in the oven. The end result is a chicken nugget that’s juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Serve this with a salad and a low calorie dressing and you have a delicious meal!
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even bit sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp panko
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray.
- Put the olive oil in one bowl and the breadcrumbs, panko and
parmesan cheese in another.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the olive oil and mix well so the olive oil evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray then bake 8 – 10 minutes.
- Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/4 of the nuggets – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 165, Fat: 5g, Protein: 22g, Carbohydrate: 8g, Fibre: 1g