This calorie blasting, tummy-toning workout combines the best dual-toning exercises to target your entire core, obliques and lower abs, giving you one of the best waistline tightening routines you’ve ever done! As a bonus, you’ll be toning your arms and booty while adding in some cardio too!
If you want to go from fat to fab abs, new research shows that what you eat is just as important as how — or even how much — you work out.
- To ditch the fat and show off firm, beautiful abs, you need to eat at least 25 grams of fibre daily.
- Opt for a sensible amount of high-quality healthy carbs – For flatter abs, make carbs 45–65% (202–292 grams based on an 1,800-calorie diet) of your total daily calories. Balance is important here, so don’t go below 45% (202 grams), or above 65 percent (292 grams), which can lead to water retention, bloating and temporary weight gain that shows up in your middle.
- Drinking more water can help to flush sodium out of the body, and that reduces the bloat. An easy way to tell if you’re drinking enough is by checking the colour and quantity of your urine. If it’s pale yellow and high volume, you’re doing OK. If it’s dark and scant and/or you’re thirsty, you’re very likely to be dehydrated.
- Sodium is essential for regulating body fluids and blood pressure as well as for nerve transmission, muscle function and absorption of important nutrients.
The average woman needs only 500 milligrams of sodium a day and even a small amount of excess sodium causes bloating.
- By eating light at night you’ll receive a double benefit: You’ll wake up with a flatter tummy, and you’ll also have a better appetite for a fibre-rich breakfast, which sets you up for a day of healthful eating.