This Avocado Black Bean Salad has bright, fresh flavours and is perfect for lunch, Meatless Mondays, or even as a side dish with grilled steak, shrimp or chicken. When you combine cumin, cilantro and lime juice, then add some avocados, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, and cumin – it is delicious! It’s antioxidant rich, full of heart healthy fats and high in fibre which keeps you full and satisfied.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt.
- Add the black beans, chickpeas, tomato, onion and cilantro; mix well.
- When ready to eat, gently mix in avocado and serve right away.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: little over 1 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 335, Fat: 11g, Carbohydrate: 47g, Fibre: 16g, Protein: 14g, Sugar: less than 1g